Monday, September 7, 2009

Routine is what routine does...

Seeing that many other people are updating their blogs, here goes an update on life:

Because I am a plan person, I have fallen into a comfortable, albeit, maybe boring routine.
- I wake up
- go to school or work whichever it is that day
- come home
- eat
- deal with Sophie
- watch TV
- fall asleep on the couch
- realize I've fallen asleep on the couch
- put Sophie to bed
- drag myself into bed

There are, of course, variations in this routine, but after getting Sophie, I have fully embraced the fact that i need to keep her on a schedule, thus keep myself on a schedule. Only 6 more months of puppyhood (hopefully).

Minus the joys of parenthood (yes, Sophie is like my child), I have found myself in an elementary school student "teaching", aka helping around various classrooms, one day a week. I could feel the energy in the school and I'm not going to lie, I got super excited. This plus the fact that I will be tutoring a little boy (Matthew) twice a week for the semester really has me stoked about teaching!

I do wish I had a more exciting blog update, but life is calm, which I don't mind a bit right now. Movie going, training the pup, hanging out with friends, teaching, and maybe, just maybe, a trip to Disney is on the horizon.



No comments: