Tuesday, April 14, 2009

And she has a plan...

I'm a plan person... if you know me, then you already know this.  I like to make lists, I like to know what I'm doing next, the uncertainty of situations scares me sometimes.  (This WILL be long-winded, fair warning!)

I knew where I wanted to go to college, I was accepted late September of my senior year of high school to Baylor.  I was an undecided major for maybe .5 seconds before I chose business.  It drove me CRAZY not to know what I was doing after college; then Disney came up.  Simple solution.  

Fast forward seven months... nothing.  I had NO idea what to do next.  Do I stay at Disney (quickly decided that was a negative), go home (check), get a job (uncheck... hmmm)?  I came back with a very confused mind.  Now was the true test... what do I want to do with my life?!

I started thinking, really thinking, about what I wanted to do with my life, goodness knows I had enough downtime to get stuck in those thoughts.  The more I thought, the more confused I got, it was frustrating.  

God always has a way of working in mysterious ways.  Everything started to click.... I love kids, working with them, Disney had solidified that.  I wanted to enrich their lives, how could I do that in a good way?  The Big Man Upstairs was giving me the perfect opportunity... teaching.

Now the scary part, I found a program that seemed perfect, a Masters degree in Education with Certification.  I took the plunge and applied...   Everything was turned in April 1, I didn't expect to hear anything yet... I hadn't even had time to work myself up over it... but there the envelope ended up, in my trembling hand yesterday.  It was a small, inconspicuous, white envelope; we are trained to think that is a bad thing: I stopped breathing.  

Good things do come in small packages sometimes.  I GOT IN!!  The program starts in June and sounds pretty intense, but I could NOT be more excited.  I've got a plan again, one that I'm SO psyched and excited about, so, for a girl who loves planning and knowing... 

Now, for a quick list of the top 5 things on my mind (besides getting into grad school that is!)
 
5.  Medieval Times with the fam for easter... so fun
4.  The weather, it's nice out, I even drove with my windows down today!
3.  Spring clothes, I LOVE all the colors out right now!
2.  The potential Europe trip (this one is #2 because grad school orientation may put a kink in that :(
1.  Hannah Montana:  The Movie (I am slightly obsessed with Miley/Hannah, so when this came out last week... I was there! Fave quote from the movie:  "Life's a climb, but the view is great.")



2 comments:

Desiree said...

my favorite quote..."remember that crush i had on you? SO NOT OVER IT!" hahahaha! oh and i LOVED the movie...i cried twice! :)

Ashley said...

No title yet Ali?? Your poor little header can't wait for its new home : )