Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Procrastination leads to...


As I stare at the beautiful blinking cursor on microsoft word, I decided the best thing to do about my multiculturalism paper that is due tomorrow is to ignore it.

While procrastinating is not my style, I can't help but drag out the last paper due for this crazy summer session of grad school. In fact, it is my LAST paper due before SMU course work is DONE! I still have my masters comps (eww) and student teaching in the fall (scary), BUT, I will never have to deal with sitting in an SMU classroom again and listen to professors drone...

Have I mentioned SMU has NOTHING on Baylor? Yeah, well, it doesn't (in my humble opinion)

Moving on... rather than dwell on boring things like grad school, let's review the past month of my life....

1. School.... I forgot how intense 3 week summer sessions were (last time to mention it!)
2. Wicked... also known as my favorite show, or bane of my existence, whichever.... first 2 weeks were pretty tame, last 3 weeks were CRAZY!
3. Oh wait... that's pretty much it (sad but true)

BUT... There is a silver lining, I actually have a point to this post....

In my preoccupation with items #1 and #2, I completely forgot an important event! On June 8, I celebrated my first anniversary with Sophie, the pup :) While I did choose to get her right before starting grad school and moving, I have loved every minute of the last year with her. Whenever I'm stressed, upset, happy, or just blah, my little furball is right there with her cold nose and squeaker ball ready to play. Having something love me unconditionally every single day makes the hard days more bearable and the good days even better. Here's to MANY more years Sophie!
Yes, I do realize this from Christmas, but we haven't taken photos together recently. Sophie is a diva and likes to star in pictures by herself!

No comments: