Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The times are a-changing

When I think about how I thought my life would be after I graduated college, this was not exactly the picture in my head.  Not to say that it is a good thing or a bad thing that my life is different than I thought, but just to say that in the last couple of weeks I have learned that sometimes God has a plan that is designed to challenge and help you grow more than you thought possible.

As my first blog post ever, that last paragraph may have come off as a little... interesting to say the least.  I must say, that after the last couple of weeks, I definitely have learned to appreciate change.  It feels like forever since I was in Waco with friends and family for Baylor graduation.  If I could go back to that moment and freeze that feeling, I would.  After graduation, I must admit that I was a ball of emotion until I arrived with my dad to Orlando.  Now, bear in mind, I graduated, had a week at home, and then was whisked (18 hours later of driving actually) off to Orlando to begin an internship at Disney.  

Since arriving at Disney, I have met so many people, interacted with so many people, and seen a little reveal of "Disney magic,"  which does kind of make the whole illusion of Disney World disappear quickly when you see characters running around without their heads on.  Two weeks after training, I've done nothing but work, train actually, but after Friday I will hopefully be a full vacation planner and ready to go forth for the next seven months.  I won't lie and say I love it, but this is all about an "opportunity" so I will stick it out and work my butt off until it is time to leave.
 
All of this recap of my life is just to point out that my life is still in chaos.  A month ago, I lived in Waco, this month, I'm working more than I have ever done in my life, am 1300 miles away from home, and get bossed around by a "mouse."  Life sure has a way of turning out different than you think...

No comments: