Sunday, May 16, 2010

Home is where your dog is...


This weekend, Sophie and I did something we have not done in a while. We did not drive to Southlake. (Which is kinda a big deal)

As many of you know, Sophie and I are part-time residents in Dallas and Southlake. We spend the weekdays in Big D and have our "weekend- getaway home" in Southlake. Most Fridays, I finish work, rush home to Sophie, pack us both up, fight traffic and arrive in Southlake in time for a Friday night movie. We chill out until after Sunday church and then, you guessed it, we pack back up and head into the city.

Now, I love my family, and I'm so glad that we are close enough that I can do this and see them and even give Sophie a yard, (Believe me, Sophie LOVES my parents house, I actually know she prefers it!) BUT, I have to say, driving back and forth nearly every weekend tires me out! We're always rushing around to get to Southlake and then by the time we get back on Sunday evening, I'm ready to just chill out on the couch and get ready for the next week,but it's already Sunday night, hence my bag is always half-packed, I'm always a little behind in my grocery shopping, and I'm always a little too tired on Monday morning.

So... this weekend, courtesy of work and Amy, I stayed in Dallas, and I think I will need a repeat very soon! I was so nice to not have to worry about packing up my life for the weekend!

Friday was so fun with Amy and I going to see Star's on Ice.... fun and hilarious at the same time (but that is for another post).

Saturday was spent at the Music Hall hearing "Little House on the Prairie" all day and night, not my favorite, but I survived.

And... today, Sophie and spent time doing this...

All in all a good weekend, and a good re-charge for this week which includes:

- State test for teaching on Tuesday (eek!!)
- Work
- Getting ready for NYC!!!

1 comment:

Celina said...

Alice- very very proud of you for keeping out of the parental's nest for a weekend. :)

and...I miss you!